Friday, December 27, 2013

my first NHL game

last Saturday my friend Erin and I made the trek from Cleveland to Columbus for the Blue Jackets vs Flyers hockey game. (it's about a 2.5-3hr drive).

on the way down we jammed out to the usual, Backstreet Boys, Nsync, country, lion king music, etc. and we only got slightly lost when my gps told me to get off at an exit and as I'm on the off ramp it rerouted and decided it was a different exit that I should take.

once in Columbus we were going to grab a bite before the game, we attempted to eat at Thurman's which was featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives, but that was a 40min wait. after that we decided to just park by the arena and walk to a place nearby. we didn't have too much time tho, so we tried Steak Escape, which was a Subway type place but better in my opinion. I got the rajun cajun wrap with chicken. topped with tomatoes and lettuce, some grilled onions, and finished off with hot sauce. it was pretty good.

then we headed into the game. I was rocking my Flyers jersey. (it was the first time I ever rooted for the non-home team.) I got a few high-fives from other fellow Flyers fans. and did a few "woos" when we scored. the Flyers lost 6-3, but it was such a fun time! I even got to see my boy Schenner get in a fight!

Brayden Schenn, or as I call him, Schenner.

to start the game we went up to our actual seats, which were just in the nose-bleeds, but for the 3rd period we went down to better seats and were 20 rows back from the ice. it was awesome. I love the energy at hockey games, the fans are so intense, it's fantastic.

have you ever been to a NHL game?


Image Map

2 comments:

  1. I would love to go to a hockey game someday!
    Hope your 2014 will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were offered tickets to that game but declined because we had three parties to attend. Thurmans is almost always a huge wait. If you come back down this way, let me know and I'll hook you up with some good local eats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)