Wednesday, December 12, 2012

cookies, Christmas style

I attempted to bake this past weekend, here's how it went...

started with some Turning Leaf wine, in my redneck solo cup wine glass

first gathering the ingredients...

funny story with that.. I went to buy the mix stuff, and I did, came home showed Mom because I was excited about it, and she pointed out that I had bought Sugar Cookie "snack size" mix and not regular size mix. opps. so it was back to the store to get normal baking things. can you tell I don't cook?

don't forget the cat figurine.
in the oven
starting to frost
starting to get bored.. and creative..
flannel shirt for mr gingerbread man.. I was bored of frosting
some of the finished product

I also made pretzel Hershey Kiss things

lay out square shaped pretzels, and top with a Hersheys Kiss, then bake until chocolate is melty
then top with a m&m, and let cool in the fridge.

some of the cookies got a little too toasted, but most turned out okay. but as I stated I got bored of the frosting process and made a few cookies interesting. such as: cyclopes snowmen, targets on reindeer, super fancy stockings, and the flannel clothed gingerbread man. I think next year I'm just going to bake regular cookies that I don't have to put as much effort in to. the pretzel treats turned out really well though. I'd say overall it was a win.. but I've been stuffing my face since. tis the season.

 life is good


6 comments:

  1. Targets on reindeer. Love it. And the flannel shirt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving that red solo cup wine glass! Keeping it classy (:

    I've been wanting to try the pretzel snacks...but I'd probably eat them all before anyone else got them. Me + Salty/Sweet Combos = Bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. always keeping it classy haha the pretzels turned out really good, one of my favorite snacks is chocolate covered pretzels.. something about that sweet/salty combo that's just too good to pass up!

      Delete
  3. Yum! I want some of those chocolate pretzels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. come get some! there's a few left.. but they're going fast.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! :)