Friday, October 12, 2012

"Watch the sunrise at least once a day."

^ name that show.... (Modern Family) 
It's Friday! (but I'm sure you didn't need me to tell you that.)


1:: My 7th graders won both of their games this week! They played awesome, I'm so proud of them. Our record is now 8-4.
2:: Today I'm spending time with Erin and picking up the CLE Cavs tickets I won.
3:: Tomorrow my family and the Lears are attending the Willoughby Ghost Walk. I'm excited for the spooky ghost tales, and of course spending time with the fam.
4:: It's NEOEA Day. Which means no school for the children, which means I don't even have practice today, which means I have the whole day to myself.
5:: Randy&Melissa visited and showed us their Hawaii pictures, and gave us all really awesome souvenirs!
6 (honorable mention):: Randy and his friend Mike got lost in the woods after hunting last night. It made me laugh cause my mom was actually starting to get worried, but I knew they'd make it out sooner or later.


1.  My favorite flower is   I have no idea, not roses though .
2.  You should never talk about   boring stuff like politics, or anything extended about the weather.
3.  My favorite discovery as of late is   Gilmore Girls re-runs on ABCFamily.

4. This fall you will probably find me wearing    jeans and a tshirt/hoodie/northface.
5. I wish I were  completely fine, but I still have a little congestion.

6. My favorite TV show currently is   Modern Family, The Office, Parks&Rec, Survivor.


7.  This weekend I want to  see the Buckeyes get another W, and see the Browns win their first game.



Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin

Here's what goodreads says:
Something Borrowed tells the story of Rachel, a young attorney living and working in Manhattan. Rachel has always been the consummate good girl---until her thirtieth birthday, when her best friend, Darcy, throws her a party. That night, after too many drinks, Rachel ends up in bed with Darcy's fiancé. Although she wakes up determined to put the one-night fling behind her, Rachel is horrified to discover that she has genuine feelings for the one guy she should run from. As the September wedding date nears, Rachel knows she has to make a choice. In doing so, she discovers that the lines between right and wrong can be blurry, endings aren't always neat, and sometimes you have to risk all to win true happiness. Something Borrowed is a phenomenal debut novel that will have you laughing, crying, and calling your best friend.

Here's what I think::
Good book, but I actually like the movie better for this one. I loved the movie, but the book was just a B- for me. Nothing real special. I think it's still worth reading, but I also recommend watching the movie.


HAPPY FRIDAY!


8 comments:

  1. Great blog! I am here from the #H54F event that Lauren is hosting! Feel free to check my blog out! Have a great weekend!

    xo,
    chelsee

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for your 7th graders!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved all of Emily Giffin's books. I really wanted to see Something Borrowed in the theaters when it came out, but unfortunately never did. But I'm sure eventually I'll catch it. Although I do think you should continue with Giffin's books starting with Something Blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure at some point I'll read Something Blue, just a matter of time. You should definitely watch the movie though, it's good!

      Delete
  4. Hey Cassie. I'm one of your newest followers. :) I just wanted to say hey!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)