Thursday, January 10, 2013

brace face.

I have ahhh-mazing news!!

I'M GETTING MY BRACES OFF TOMORROW!!!!

here's a little back story...

I've had braces for 8 years and 8 months. that is not a typo.. 8 years and 8 months. I've had: jaw surgery, a minor facial bone chipped away, an expander, a screw in my lower gum, spacers, bite raisers, way too many molds/impressions taken, braces off for three days then put back on, impacted tooth surgery, chains hooked onto my bicuspids, rubber bands, hmm.. I might be forgetting something but that's all I can think of at the moment.. and then obvious the almost nine years of just regular braces.

with all of those things, the jaw surgery was obviously the worst. but I also HATED the expander.. that thing sucked balls. and the impacted tooth surgery wasn't fun either..
oh and the minor facial bone being chipped away, thats a fun story -no one told me I was going to be put under for it so I ate/drank prior to it. when I arrived they then told me that I was supposed to be put under but since I ate/drank they cant do it now, so I was awake and just numbed for it. it felt SO WEIRD. I don't even know how to explain how it felt.. definitely the weirdest feeling.

so after 8 years and 8 months I'm finally getting them removed. then I'll be fitted or whatever for a retainer. so naturally, my family is throwing a party to celebrate. I wish you all could come, but since most//all of you don't live in Ohio you'll just have to read about it Monday.. unless you're Melissa.. she gets to be here.

eight years and eight months. it's going to feel so weird to not have crap on my teeth. not having to get food unstuck, not having to brush at weird angles, not having to floss like an idiot, not pissing off the dentist cause all the metal in my mouth, not having to smile with my mouth shut.


life is good

2 comments:

  1. Cassie that is so exciting!!! Finally!! Congrats!! Can't wait to see your pretty teeth!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)